Ambien is likely to relieve you from the grip of insomnia if the medication is used in accordance with the instructions of the doctor but likewise all chemically synthesized medicines, Ambien also triggers off certain side-effects on an occasional basis.
Some of the common side-effects facilitated by Ambien are namely,
- A persistent feeling of being drugged
- Diarrhea(a specific condition of having frequent loose or liquid bowel movements)
- dry mouth
- A feeling of irritation in the nose or throat
Lethargy Ambien is also responsible for certain serious side-effects in users.
Some of the serious Ambien side-effects are included below:
- Loss of memory
- Agitation, confusion, thoughts about committing suicide, delusion, symptoms of violent behavior at all.
- Getting out of bed without being completely awake and undertaking an activity without having the knowledge of it.
- Symptoms of strong allergic reactions, namely, difficulty in breathing, vomiting, nausea and abnormal enlargement of the throat or tongue.
- Confusion and changes in behavior
- Chest pain
- Irregular and fast heartbeat
- Changes in vision
However, you are likely to feel drowsy the next day after taking Ambien. Therefore, it is essential for you not to drive or undertake other hazardous tasks the next day after taking Ambien until and unless you feel completely awake.
All individuals taking Ambien to get rid of insomnia do not necessarily fall prey to Ambien side-effects and further Ambien side-effects are generally temporary. Therefore, there is no need to be scared of the side-effects yielded by Ambien. But as soon as you fall prey to the common as well as serious side-effects of Ambien, it is necessary to consult the doctor.